Lecturers: Harvey Siy,
(March 16, 2016)
Title: Research in Software Engineering: Empirical Studies, Software Evolution and Analysis
Some of our past contributions and ongoing work:
- An empirical study of code inspection: Porter, Adam A., et al. "An experiment to assess the cost-benefits of code inspections in large scale software development." IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 23.6 (1997): 329-346.
- Studying software artifacts to understand organizations: Staudenmayer, Nancy, et al. "Adapting to a new environment: How a legacy software organization copes with volatility and change." 5th International Product Development Conference, 1998.
- Properties of source code relationships: Meyer, P., H. Siy, and S. Bhowmick. "Identifying Important Classes Of Large Software Systems Through K-Core Decomposition." Advances in Complex Systems 17.07n08, 2015.
- Static code analysis to support code inspection: Tianyi Zhang, Myoungkyu Song, Joseph Pinedo, Miryung Kim, "Interactive code review for systematic changes." International Conference on Software Engineering, 2015.
- Assisting developers in writing correct code metadata: Myoungkyu Song, Eli Tilevich, "Metadata Invariants: Checking and inferring metadata coding conventions." International Conference on Software Engineering, 2012.